Saturday, December 6, 2014

It's a Doe! A Stash! A Girl-y Stash!

It's time for another Stash Sunday over at the home of the Glitterati, the place where all things wonder-filled go to hang, Molli Sparkles!!


This week, I single handedly kept small businesses afloat. What can I say? I'm patriotic like that.

I have two new additions to the stash to show ya:

First we have the unbelievably sweet and timeless bliss of Lecien's Flower Suger. 

I purchased my bundle of candy goodness over at Sew Me a Song. The service was fast, the price was incredibly reasonable, and my order came sealed in a waterproof bag; a big plus here in Alaska. 
Here is a pic of a half yard bundle she has online, as we speak. I dare you to get there before I do ;)
Squee! I know, right??!

Next up is Doe.
I mean, really. What can I say? I am speechless in wonder at what Carolyn Friedlander does. Every last thing.
 So VERY VERY good!
Here is the whole line. At least as far as I know. Please wipe the drool from your screen, 
 You're gonna want to see this...
Here are what I would classify as her Golden Yellows. Darker and richer than those in the Architextures or Botanics lines. They complement and add to these lines in rich and thoughtful ways. Every color except the green is represented. Each new colorway extends the idea, and creates a depth that makes this line in combination with Architextures and Botanics, a true phenomenon. 
I have placed them together on their own shelf, and I have to time myself when I walk by, so that I don't get sucked in and spend the entire day contemplating the amazing marvels to be made from them.
The white is a snow white on white, something that we don't have enough modern prints in, and 
I can easily see how the other neutrals could be used in almost anything. I found it interesting that she chose to do a simple grid. I bet we'll be seeing that in traditional and modern makes around the world!
And for a spectacular finale, we have the teals and blues. And of course, that fabulous splash of orange!!

Be still my heart!!!


I purchased my Doe fat quarter bundle from Fabric Spot, in Canada. The shipping to the US was expensive, but worth every penny. I have not found it for sale in the US, yet.

What did you add to your stash, this week?? 
Inquiring minds need to know!
XX!
Lori

Ps, I am not an affiliate of any of these sellers. I just like fabric. Alot. A very lot. Lol!




10 comments:

  1. Doe looks *so* wonderful. I figure it will find its way into my stash sooner or later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am feeling you, and your fabric purchases! Carolyn just knows how to keep it simple and clean, while still adding visual interest. I Doe-n't even have any yet, but I certainly will be rectifying that after seeing your expose! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, both of these are awesome adds. I wasn't sure if I *needed* any Doe, but your pictures have convinced me I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delicious pictures, I'm drooling indeed - but I'll try to stick to my no more pre-baby purchases rule! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how Flower Sugar looks retro but I can't put a decade on it.... Ambiguously retro...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. I really like the white - grey group... that would make a pretty project just in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh!!! i hope im gettign a present made from some of these hint hint :) SQUEEEEEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And now the joy of using these goodies.
    I had a parcel of Cloud 9 organic Cirrus solids arrive today, all the way from the US (Sew Fine Fabric on Etsy) - they are beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous choices Lori! Quite a few shops have Doe in Canada early. I have been holding myself back but soon I will order some.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my, mooselings, incredibly cute doodly dogs, humor, pretty pictures... okay I'll be your blogfriend!!! Kidding aside I really enjoyed the visit.
    Thank you for posting, LeeAnna at Not Afraid of color lapaylor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete