Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Scrap Quilt Mania

It's  still SCRAPTASTIC TUESDAY over at She Can Quilt and Mrs. Sew and Sow. Head on over and check out the linky party if you haven't already. Such awesome and amazing work out there in blogland!! 

Since I am clearly another Alaskan Rogue, I had posted Really Random Thursday there, earlier this month, accidentally. And since I don't know how to remove it, I am now posting my real, actual, intended SCRAPTASTIC works in progress. Aren't you psyched??!!!

The first is the Fall-ing in Love Quilt. I love Fall. I love Quilting. I love messing around with bits of fabric. So this is a natural fit :)

This is 28 blocks, and I have 52 done now. One quarter of the way done! Wooo!!!


Trimming is so rewarding after assembly!!

I am really enjoying taking my time while assembling these triangle block components. I have my scraps divided up by value, in shoe boxes with the back boards of charm packs as dividers. 
My idea is to have a nice blush of colors from lighter to darker progress out towards the points
on the arms of the triangles. Each arm of the triangle is a different part of the Fall season. The right is earlier in Fall when we have indian summer, winding towards sparkling chilly nights, but with long sunlit days.  The left is later in the season with fallen leaves and plaids as we look towards Halloween and pumpkins and apple cider goodness!

You can see that more clearly, here. What do you think? I like the glow it imparts. But what I really like is the dark Kona Navy background. Yum!!

Come on back to Scraptastic Tuesday each month to see what quilters are doin' with their scraps! I've got quite a few projects in the works!

XX!
Lori





8 comments:

  1. The brights really do glow in contrast to the navy! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love string quilts - I will get around to making one one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tackled one of these spider web string quilts yet. I love the use of the navy with those warm browns and golds. You have inspired me to move this pattern up on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I rather enjoyed finding out about the reindeer but this is definitely more scrappy! I do love the look of these string projects but definitely need to be in the right mood for stitching them. Quite enjoy ripping of the paper though...! Thanks for joining up with Scraptastic Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so so yummy - navy and yellow is a perfect combination. I love scrap quilts but this one is pretty darn coordinated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is coordinated because I don't have a big enough stash to choose from... yet, don't you?? ;)

      Delete
  6. Wow!! What a wonderful combination of colors. Looks great!!!!

    ReplyDelete