Tuesday, April 22, 2014

A Quilt for Kate

I won this baby quilt in an Instagram auction to benefit little baby Kate and her parents.

Quilt by Quilt Story Meg

I am going to sign the back of the quilt with my name and place of residence and a brief message.
Then I am going to send it along to the next person who would like to sign it. And on it will go.

Because Ryker and Amanda lost little baby Kate.  Less than two brief months is all they got with her.  You can read her story here on a Quilt Story's website, and on Instagram under user @rykerandamanda.   
I won this quilt in an Instagram auction to benefit Kate's parents because they had recently lost her and were experiencing devastating hospital bills. They did not know about the auction. They haven't asked for money from anyone.  The only thing that is holding them together right now is their love for each other and  the love of  family and friends.  
You can share in this mother's grief and send her kind words and thoughts by viewing her instagram profile @rykerandamanda .  It is startling, heartrending, incredibly brave. I honestly do not know how to help her other than to show her that she is not ALONE. That there are others out there who understand, or want to, and who care.
Let's try to get as many signatures, from as many places and people as possible. So that when Amanda wraps herself in this beautiful quilt, she will think of her beautiful baby, and know that we are all there thinking of them, too.

It doesn't have to be fancy. Mine's not. I'm not a fancy kinda gal :)

And so, I am starting a Send Along with this quilt. For Kate. For Ryker and Amanda. For us all.


To enter the Send Along:
  • Leave a comment on this post with your name.  If you are a no-reply blogger, please email me at givbludplayhocky@gmail.com.
  • I will make a list, by country, of folks who would like to sign the quilt.
  • I will send the quilt out to the first recipient. I will send them the next recipient's email. You can then exchange addresses, or even get together over coffee. Wouldn't that be nice?
  • I will add two fat quarters of some luscious fabric that I would not normally give away.
  • Won't you please do the same for the recipient after you? I believe that receiving a thought/gift from another signatee will bring us all together, and also maybe help defray the cost of postage.
  • I will pay postage to the first Non-USA recipient, and the return postage to the USA, through Paypal.
  • I will post where the quilt is, every time it moves.
  • Please take a pic of your message on the quilt, and link it here. If you don't know how to do that, just email it to me, and I will post it for you.
  • I am going to include a notebook so that you can record a message for Ryker and Amanda, or thoughts, if you wish to do so.  

Let's all get together and no something kind for a mother who we do not know, but can surely understand.
XXOO!Lori



31 comments:

  1. Hey Lori! I LOVE this idea. Add me to the list (but maybe a few in so it's not right from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea! Count me in! -Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to participate. - Irelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please send your email to: givbludplayhocky@gmail.com. You are a no reply blogger and I have no way to contact you without it :) XX lori

      Delete
  4. I'd love to be a part of it. I'm a newbie to the quilt community, but I am in awe of the support and friendship that is shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please send your email to: givbludplayhocky@gmail.com. You are a no reply blogger and I have no way to contact you without it :) XX lori

      Delete
  5. I would love to be in on this. I'm in Abbeville, Alabama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to join in on this! What a fantastic idea. I'm in Senoia, Georgia.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and wonderful idea. I'll be happy to help.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart is bursting with gratitude and joy at all of your lovely comments and participation. thank you! I will be emailing each of you for your addresses. Others who wish to join, come on along! There is no limit to the number of folks who can participate :) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please add me to your list...I know first hand how this family feels...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is all so touching and sweet--I am sure those parents will greatly appreciate the love and kindness of everyone that has been involved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi I would love to be involved. I live in Brisbane Australia, but will be in NYC in late June, and Orlando mid july. Chris

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to take part. I'm in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd love to contribute. I'm in Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would like to participate also, I live in North Dakota.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, I am in tears. How heartbreaking for the family of that beautiful baby girl. I'd love to sign the quilt. I live in British Columbia, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would love to help out with this. If we can bring even a small smile back into their lives that would be wonderful. I live in Kansas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Please count me in! I am in Virginia.

    Carolyn
    Reapwhativesewn (@) gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. God bless you! This is such a thoughtful and kind act of love. Please add me in. I've lost a child, and so, I can understand their loss (though I would never ever say I know exactly how they feel). Similarly, on the year anniversary of our son's passing, I received a few "June" boxes from my wonderful sisters-in-Christ. We are military, and so, I have friends all over the world. One friend has an apron made for me, and it was sent all over the world and signed by each friend. Believe me when I say that I will treasure it forever! Kate's parents will cherish this too. :) I'm in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can you please send your email to: givbludplayhocky@gmail.com. You are a no reply blogger and I have no way to contact you without it :) XX lori

      Delete
  19. What an amazing idea ! I just found this on Instagram grom Quiltstory and just kept hitting links . Sometimes I adore social media for these reasons. I would love to be included ... I live in New Jersey . Be well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm in, such a thoughtful idea Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful and thoughtful! I'd love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love this idea. I would love to participate. I am in Regina, Saskatchewan (Canada).

    ReplyDelete
  23. Please include me! I live in Oklahoma :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just saw all of this. You are too kind. This is amazing and generous and it brought me to tears to receive the quilt. Thank you. I hope you have received all the many blessings you deserve from being so thoughtful to me and my family. Love, Amanda

    ReplyDelete